- We go for five days in early June
- Mark cooks a meal of trout with
corn on the cob, salad, sautéed onions, baked potatoes
- Dave cooks a meal of three-pound
steaks and two-pound potatoes
- Blind beer tasting contest
- Everybody catches fish, even
LeeRoy – average is 12”
- Fritz wins the largest trout
contest with a 17” fish
- Kevin tells us he’s an ex-Army
- The Chief learns new four letter
words from Kevin’s daughter
- The lake water level is high
- We go for three months starting
in late April, Dave has added two days every year. Critter doesn’t bitch about it being too
late, Brian doesn’t bitch about it being too early. Our wife’s love it
- The Chief shows up in his new
Chevy diesel pickup. He’s waiting
for the first set of tires to wear out so he can get Toyos.
- The Chief has a white shirt, tie,
and a few Books of Mormon in the back of his truck so he can canvas
Conconully, even though his official two-year mission is completed.
- Brian tells about his new job as
a Union steward and talks about the good old days when Hillary was
- LeeRoy’s boat runs perfectly for
the whole summer. He doesn’t have
to say “it was OK when I fired it up at home.”
- David says that this coming
winter he’s going to install that new windshield on his Kawasaki, but is
excited about the new 2023 Kawasaki’s.
- LeeRoy reports that his
brother-in-law is going to pick up the Gold Wing 1200 “in a few months.”
- Mark finds 256 wedding rings in
the bottom of his tackle box.
- Dave drinks straight tomato juice
for breakfast and takes a gallon of diet lemonade out on his boat.
- Zac is still trying to find
somebody to talk sports with.
- Fritz does his morning “do” AND
rigs up his rod in less than four minutes.
- Kevin sobers up and admits that
he wasn’t an Army Ranger, but he used to own a Ford Ranger pickup.
- The Rogaine people want to use us
as the “before” shot in an ad.
- Fritz is crawling under the deck
looking for used split-shot that he remembers dropping in 2007.
- Mark doesn’t laugh.
- Mike H proves that you can add
one too many logs to the fire and burns down the Conconully National
- LeeRoy is going to see about why
he doesn’t get pictures in his email.
- Critter brings up 14 gallons of
bottled water from Arizona.
- The Chief has to take a week away
from the trip to help support the Republican presidential candidate. He longs for the good old days with
- Critter is married to Jeanette
and has 14 children under the age of 11.
He has a 23’ camper on his pickup to hold them all.
- Dave crunches in the side of his
boat during a routine docking maneuver, while sober.
- LeeRoy loses his glasses after
drinking a six-pack of Metamucil.
- While the Dave is netting a 24”
trout for the Chief, the fish gets away.
The Chief says “Golly Dave, that’s OK, I guess Joseph Smith didn’t
want me to have it.”
- Nobody snores or farts.
- Brian docks his boat perfectly
for the first time.
- Fritz, at 77, is now 5’ 5” tall,
but he is still giving the Chief noogies.
- Zac goes to bed at nine PM, and
has a potbelly.
- Some people leaving the dock actually
listen to our advice from the deck.
Their boat sinks.
- The cabins have 60 PSI water
- A good looking babe sunbathes
naked on the dock and nobody has a comment.